1. Seafarer must have a valid CDC and should produce same for verification at time of checking in.
2. Seafarer must have completed at least one voyage and sailed for a minimum 6 months on a Merchant Navy ship to be eligible to stay in the club and use any of its facilities.
3. Proxy bookings are not permitted and are liable to be cancelled with forfeiture of entire amount paid.
4. Room bookings can only be confirmed to Seafarers subject to availability on date required and after payment of full room charges through debit/credit card or by net banking.
Seamen’s club absorbs the transaction charges for credit /debit card and net banking payment except those charged by a Seafarer’s bank which are to his/her account. In addition to online room reservation, room bookings can also be made on arrival at the club subject to availability of rooms.
5. Maximum days continuous stay allowed is 21 days.
6. In family DLX room, if staying alone without family, only ONE day booking permitted.
7. If appearing for FIRST Exam (First Attempt only) the maximum duration of continuous stay is 60 days. The additional days beyond 21 will only be possible at the Reception Desk in the club premises after due verification of the documents and application.
8. Seafarer (not giving any Exam) desirous of staying in excess of 21 continuous days can do so after obtaining necessary approvals from the management. Room Rate for such cases will be 150% of the regular room rent and will be allowed subject to room availability.
9. Indiscipline: During the stay at the club, seafarers are required to maintain a high level of discipline and cleanliness. The rules of the club will apply at all times. Strict action will be taken in case of indiscipline by seafarers.
1. Cancellation of confirmed booking by 15 days prior notice shall incur no cancellation charge.
2. Cancellation of booking between 7 to 14 days prior notice shall incur 50% charge of the room rate.
3. Cancellation of booking with less than 7 days prior notice shall incur one day charge of room rate.
4. In the event a Seafarer residing at the club is required to curtail his/her stay will incur one day charge of room rate.
5. Room rate for above purpose shall be the room rate of the room booked by the seafarer.
6. Bookings cannot be postponed or transferred to another name / seafarer.
1. Where a refund is due, Seafarer to provide his/her account number, bank name , address and IFSC code.
2. Refund will be made within 7 days by NEFT transfer to seafarers bank or by cheque in the seafarers name to his/her home address.
3. All refunds will be less bank charges, if applicable.
4. No Refund will be made to NRI / NRE Accounts.
5. If No bank details have been provided, the payment towards Refund will be made by cheque.
Check out is before 10:00 am sharp. Baggage is to be cleared from the room and the keys of the room are to be handed over to the reception. Any extended time beyond 10:00 am will be treated as an additional day charge. Kindly note, this is very strictly implemented.
RBSS is committed to supporting the highest standards for the Fair Handling of Personal Information. We recognize that some seafarers that visit our website may have concerns about the information they provide to us and how we treat that information.
The key points of our privacy statement are:
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our user's information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing or accounts personnel) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices